Fine Art Awards - 2013
Arts at the Port are eligible for up to $11,500 in Awards. These include
- $3,000 Best of Show
- 2 Excellence Awards - $1,000 each
- $1,000 NEW Advocate Award
- up to $4,000 "Anacortes Collects" Festival public art purchase award (may be multiple pieces/artists)
- $1,000 People's Choice Award
- $500 T. Bailey Corporate Award
- Advocate Award. This award will recognize the contribution of individuals who have significantly impacted the Festival and arts in our community - Nancy Vogel and Don DeLlamas.
Best of Show - $3,000
Mount Vernon artist James Lapp received the top Festival fine art award at the Arts at the Port Opening July 27th. Juror Jake Seniuk presented the Best of Show $3,000 award.
People's Choice Award - $1,000
Graham Schodda of Bellingham, WA received the most votes from those attending the art exhibition at Arts at the Port.
The People's Choice Award is sponsored by Peoples Bank.
T Bailey Corporate Award - $500
2 Excellence Awards - $1,000 each
Karen Hackenberg of Port Townsend
Natalie Niblack of Mount Vernon
The Festival’s Anacortes Collects public art purchase pieces included Tracy Powell from La Conner and Alissa Johnson (shown below) from Anacortes. These pieces will be become part of the permanent art collection of Island Hospital, this year's Anacortes Collects partner.